Wednesday, April 28, 2010

HiMEGA’ 10 “A FAILURE TO REMEMBER…”


HiMEGA’ 10
“A FAILURE TO REMEMBER…”
HiMEGA is the abbreviation of Hijrah Menara Gading, a program organized by HALUANsiswa solely for high school graduates before they enter higher institutions. HiMEGA will be organized every year around February to April. This year 2010, upon the post-HiMEGA’10, HiMEGA has reached its 10’s anniversary; this means that it has been constructed for a decade now- a period of ten years!!! This years HiMEGA has recorded the most number of participants compared to the previous years. More than 170 students took part. During my time (HiMEGA’ 07), the number of participants was only around 100 participants.
HiMEGA’ 10 was held at Za’ba College, UKM, Bangi from 23 to 26 April 2010 (4 days). The first day was exclusively for the committee members and starting from the second day, HiMEGA’10 officially starts.
The question now that has been playing in my mind is that “HOW WAS THE HiMEGA?” Many people asked me this question. I would answer back to them “HiMEGA? A FAILURE TO REMEMBER…” For those who went to this program, are you on the same boat as me saying that HiMEGA is a FAILURE?
If I say that this HiMEGA’10 is a FAILURE, then everyone that participated in this program are losers. All the committee members including me, all the participants and all the individuals who are present in this program are all SCUMS.
When I say HiMEGA is a FAILURE, this means that all the hard work, all the stress and all the strive we put on to make sure the smoothness of this program are USELESS. In my case, I only slept for about 8 hours in four days, which is also FUTILE.
Pak ARBI once said to me “Every program must have 3M, the program must be MESMERIZING, when the program is mesmerizing then the program will be MEMORABLE and when the program is memorable, it must be MOTIVATING.” You tell me whether HiMEGA is MESMERIZING, MEMORABLE and MOTIVATING!!!
Well actually to be honest, I am very impressed to all the committee members in all their hard work. I do not want to go on to each and every secretary. I would give to this HiMEGA an A -. I have nothing to say about the weakness of each secretary because everyone has given their ample performance along our four days together.
But the question is why HiMEGA’ 10 is a FAILURE TO REMEMBER…? The failure of something is not determined by its OUTSIDE, but it is determined by our INSIDE. The outside of HiMEGA or should I say HiMEGA as a whole is more than good, but if during the four days of hard work we put something besides ALLAH in front, then HiMEGA is a total FAILURE. I am afraid that my intention in constructing this program is other than ALLAH. That is why I say that HiMEGA is a FAILURE to REMEMBER…
Remember this hadith on the authority of Omar bin Al-Khattab, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah salla Allah u alihi wa sallam say :"Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus he whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, his migration was for Allah and His messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated." related by Bukhari and Muslim.
Put ALLAH in every intentions you make, ask yourself “All my intentions alright, am I doing it for ALLAH or not?” If your not doing it for ALLAH than, you will get nothing.
If you want to enter JANNAH, than do everything for ALLAH.



p/s: Sorry if this post is not so well written, I wrote it in a hurry.


10 comments:

Humayra' said...

uh..
ok..
i always know that u're supposed to put attention getter in the beginning of an essay, but this is one of the weirdest one I had discovered thus far.

but yep, good point. May it NOT be a failure then, insyaAllah.. may Allah reward all of you for the hard work.

may Allah bless

Amin Misran said...

well...after all...

people say that i am a weird person..

am i? i dont know...

Atiqah said...

hmm i dont thnk so.
though i didnt really join the whole prgrm but i think its a great prgm organized by such a great people..good job everyone..

Munsyi said...

Yes you are.Don't you realize that? =)

Munsyi said...

btw, like u said, if your intention is not because of Allah, then it is a failure.

But for those who work hard for the sake of Allah, then it was a success for them, and as a motivation for them to do more work in Islam in the future, shouldn't we encourage them by saying it was a success?

Nabil MJ said...

Amin,no doubt u're such a wired person.For almost 5 years we have met,ke'wired'dan nta semakin terserlah.hehehe

Personally,I think I'm a failure + spoiler.Starting from now on and afterward,please don't invite me to join any program or appoint me to be committee.Dah serik..

I'm the one who shall be blamed for the shortcomings during HIMEGA.

Amin,u've done such a good job.I'm very proud of u. (cewah.ayat ala2 CEO memuji pekerjanya)

Amin Misran said...

to atiqah..,It was not a failure actually...just playing with words...

to syu'bah...truly, HiMEGA'10 was a big success...and personally better than last years HiMEGA..Just want everyone to feel that we have to do more what we have done...

to nabil...haha, dont be such a jerk...u did a good job actually..even though you took off a day early, your part went smoothly...

Nabil MJ said...

to amin:
U should thank Abu Zarrin 4 that.He was the one who ensured everything went smoothly.I'm guilty 4 asking abu zar to take my position.Dah la dia bendahari..

Alhamdulillah ana ada shbt sebaik n sesoleh abu zarrin.Tanpa bnyk songeh n kerenah dia bleh bantu ana.

I'm still the spoiler.I dont want to get involve with any program anymore. (tp pgrm kuliyyah n univ nk la join.hehe)

Amin Misran said...

to nabil....anta ni...haha...ana nak jadi org biasala...bole tk?

Nabil MJ said...

to amin:

tak boleh.nta kena jadi org luar biasa.

Related Posts with Thumbnails